Making a Booking
- Having chosen your region, type of tour and start date, you submit an availability enquiry through the website.
- We will respond, clarifying any necessary details. (If you are enquiring about a custom group tour, we will schedule a telephone call with the group organizer). We then calculate the cost of your itinerary and ask you to confirm that you wish to go ahead and book the tour.
- If you decide to proceed, we email a booking form and an invoice.
- When we receive your booking form and your deposit payment (normally 10% of the total) we acknowledge receipt and send you a Trip Planner.
- Approximately 8 weeks before your tour start date we will email a reminder about paying your balance - due 6 weeks before the tour start date.
- On receipt of your balance payment we will confirm that your tour is fully paid and send you a list of your accommodations together with directions to and information about the start point of your tour.
- On arrival at the tour start point you will receive your Regional Handbook together with your routes (highlighted maps, cue sheets and route notes). If you are renting bicycles an Iron Donkey representative will met with you to fit you with the bikes and equipment and to answer any questions that you may have.
- You take the tour!
A deposit of 10% of the total tour price is payable in order to confirm your booking. The deposit payment should accompany your completed and signed booking form. We will email you with confirmation of your booking and deposit no later than 24 hours after receipt.
Acceptable payment methods (Full details of each option will accompany your invoice);
- Check or bank draft.
- Bank to bank transfer. If you wish to use this method, you will find our bank details on your booking form.
- Through the online payment system at www.paypal.com
- By credit card (Visa or MasterCard). Credit card details will be handled securely to ensure confidentiality. Payments will appear on your card statement as MC IRON DONKEY
Your balance is due 6 weeks before the starting date of your tour, and you will be sent a statement at that time. Payment methods are as detailed above for the deposit. If you are booking within 6 weeks of the tour start date, then the full amount will be payable at the time of booking.
View the Booking Terms & Conditions »